We currently have the following positions available:
Health & Safety Consultant - Job Description
The Health and Safety Consulant will provide a variety of services to our clients which may inlcude: developing policies and procedures, implementing occupational health and safety programs, and serving as the main point of contact with one or more clients.
Based on experience, the Health and Safety Consultant may be assigned to a variety of industries and workplaces.
The Health and Safety Consultant plans, designs, develops, implements, monitors and evaluates client occupational health and safety programs.
- Customer Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
- Accountability and Dependability
- Working Alone/With Limited Supervision
- Strong Ethics and Integrity
- Ability and Willingness to Travel
- Responsible for safety orientation, safety training, job site inspections and reporting.
- Maintain awareness of amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation.
- Perform job site safety compliance inspections and audits including hazard analysis, risk assessments, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to safety programs for Client supervisors, employees, and contractors.
- Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for Client supervisors and employees, with regard to WHMIS, Fall Protection, Orientation, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid, industry specific related issues, other training, etc.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of accident/injury reporting to clients.
- Perform additional assignments as may be requried.
- Coordinate the activities of other occupational safety personnel within one or more divisions and departments, if appropriate.
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and evaluate occupational safety programs.
- Provide guidance to clients via safety briefings, presentations, written recommendations, etc.
- Provide advice and counsel to clients and other groups on a broad range of occupational safety issues and decisions.
- Write safety standards in compliance with industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations.
- Design safety standards to conform to industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations.
- Develop and implement complex safety programs by inspecting or reviewing areas, equipment, processes, and work activities for hazardous conditions in electrical utility areas.
- Develop and potentially conduct occupational safety training for various workgroups, including evaluation and modification of programs to meet local, provincial, and federal OHSA requirements.
- Coordinate inspections, investigations, and occupational safety activities with clients.
- Direct and review the analysis of accident and injury data, identifying the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs.
- Research occupational safety information to assure the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize the hazards in the work place.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- Lead and/or participate on teams, boards or committees with safety, technical, management, and other team members.
- Periodically act as a team leader to special task forces or teams.
- Provide direction and/or guidance to less experienced occupational safety personnel.
- Post Secondary education in a related field*
- Safety certification (e.g., CRSP, CSO, CHSC).
- At least three years' experience in occupational health and safety.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the OHSA and Regulations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong English communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to work effectively and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to write safety policies and procedures
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives.
- Must provide own transportaion.
- Overtime as required.
- Travel as necessary.
* Work related experience may be considered in lieu of post-secondary education.
- Physical ability to use stairs, climb ladders, etc.
- Working at heights as necessary.
- Indoor and outdoor work, possibly in inclement weather.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop or laptop computer and peripherals.
- Driving/travelling long distances.
Only candidates which we feel meet our requirements may be contacted. Applications and inquiries must be made via email. No phone calls.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our Brochure